6/03/2008

"MELÔ DO BOMBEIRO" - For those who still don't know!!!

Can you remember when you didn't speak any English and the internet didn't exist? Do you remember how hard it was to have access to Lyrics? I reckon the first lyrics I had contact with were the ones in the song NOTHING COMPARES TO YOU by a girl whose name I can't spell. I can just figure out her bald hair...
This song is a perfect illustration of what we used to do before getting into this fantastic world of "LANGUAGE ACQUISITION".

THOSE ARE THE REAL ONES

I SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER

And I should have known better
to lie with one as beautiful as you.
Yeah I should have known better
to take a chance on ever losing you,
But I thought you'd understand.
Can you forgive me?


I - saw you walking by the other day
I know that you saw me, you turned away and I was lost.
You see - I've never loved no-one as much as you,
I've fooled around but tell me now just who is hurting who?

{chorus}
I should have known better (CHAMA O BOMBEIRO)
I should have known better (CHAMA O BOMBEIRO)

Its true, I took our love for granted all along
and trying to explain where I went wrong I just dont know.
I cry - but tears dont seem to help me carry on,
and now there is no chance you'll come back home,
got too much pride

{chorus}
I love you
I love you
La la la I love you la la la yeah

And I should have known better
to lie with one as beautiful as you....

2 comments:

monica said...

Hi Smithians,

My contributions:
"tocando de biquini sem parar" "um homem pra chamar Dirceu" and "Salada, salada, salada..."
Do you happen to know the actual lyrics?
Cheers,
M�nica

DanielDAC said...

"entrei de caiaque num navio"
"amarelo deserto e seus temores"

the list goes on and on...