Hi,
Just dropping a line to tell you I've seen The kite runner, a touching and sensitive film with human(e) and tangible characters.
Here is a site I think might interest you - www.rottentomatoes.com - reviews of almost every film you can think of, mainstream or not. Click on the title above and it will take you to a review written by Pablo Villaça, the only Brazilian critic in rotten tomatoes.
Cheers,
Mônica
6/12/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I haven't seen the film yet because I haven't enjoyed reading the book...maybe I'm the only one...everybody whom I talk to loved the book...well, perhaps I'm not much for reading that kind of stuff.
The site is cool!!! I'm going to add it to THE BEST SITES, ok?
Saturday []s
Saucer
A very nice site to show our sts!!!
As far as "The kite.." goes, I agree with Mrs. Saucer, I'm not exactly looking forward to seeing the movie 'cause a friend has told me the story of the book in detail and I must say that I found it really depressing. I don't know, things related to children suffering touch me deeply... Anyway, the review is great and so is the site, thanks for the tip!!!
It's interesting to notice that there wasn't too much talking about this adaptation to the cinema (if we were to compare it to blockbusters such as "The DaVinci Code", "Harry Potter"...). I ABSOLUTELY loved the book but haven't seen the movie. However, I don't know how it can have gone wrong: great director and a beautiful story to tell.
Kisses to all Smithians.
Post a Comment