Welcome to the first Smith Online Discussion. Our topic for this week will be : What are the expressions and words mostly used by English teachers ? Why do we do that ?
Let me give you some examples :
1 - Language learning and acquisition
2 - Food for thought
3 - So far so good
4 - Repeat please
5 - Just say it
6 - This is it !
7 - First of all
8 - How was the weekend ? ( students just answer : " Normal " !???)
9 - Now, I am going to ...
10 - Let´s play a game
11 - Talk to your partner...
What else guys ?
6/01/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hello, mates!
I'm finally taking part in this territory!
When it comes to classroom expressions, I'd have to say I tend to use "Homework!!!" and "Open your books to page..."
See you all tomorrow!
Hi, there!
Just one question: who goes by the name of "Unforgettable holidays"???
The expression I use most is Shame on you guys, everytime the tell me they didn't do the homework, which, unfortunately, happens a lot.
I don't say anything...I've been avoiding having high TTT...hahahahahahaha. I use telepathy, i.e., communication between minds by some means other than senses, as by the exercise of an occult power...SMITH's POWER hahahahaha
Saucer
Hi,
OK?
Mônica
well, the "How was your weekend?" one really is a classic, I start most of my classes with it...
I have a theory, but it`s just food for thought...
I think we ask people how their weekends were just so we could talk about how great ours was...
Do you guys agree?
Be seein` y`all!
Hi Daniel,
Don't know, may be it's something like, "It's really hot today, isn't it?" in the elevator.
Cya,
Mônica
Post a Comment